Professorship and Fellowship Programs Comparison
|Eligibility Criteria||Fellowship||Academic Professorship||Research Professorship|
|Academic title||Professor/Associate Professor||Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position (or similar) at one of the world's leading universities preferable||Assistant, Associate or Full Professor position (or similar) at one of the world's leading universities preferable|
|Academic degree||Ph. D. and higher||PhD or equivalent holders; for holders of Russian PhD: minimum 3 years of international experience in one of the world's leading universities||PhD or equivalent holders; for holders of Russian PhD: minimum 3 years of international experience in one of the world's leading universities|
|H-index (depending on the field)||from 10 preferrable||H-index from 10 preferable||H-index from 20 (total SJR of (co-)authored publications for the last 5 year from 30)|
|Lecturing in English||-||+||Preferable|
|Courses lectured in English||-||Min 3 ECTS course||Short-term courses of research-related lectures as a part of supervision process will be highly appreciated|
Length of stay
|Min two weeks||
From 1 to 2 years with no less than 4 months per year in St. Petersburg.
2nd year extension is subject to mutual agreement between Research Professor and ITMO University.
|Number of publications (in Web of Science and Scopus data bases)||Min 4||n/a||No less than 4 per year in collaboration with ITMO researchers (young scientists, PhDs and MCs preferable)
Cumulative SJR of the publications with ITMO affiliation: no less than 4 in the first year of the project and 10 in the second year of the project
|Participation in the major international conferences as an invited speaker representing ITMO University||Min 1||n/a||No less than 1 in the first year, and 2 in the second year|
|Supervision of MCs or PhD students per year||Min 3||n/a||
• Supervision (co-supervision with ITMO professor) of master's thesis (with co-publishing of research results ): no less than 1 per year
• Supervision (co-supervision with ITMO professor) of PhDs’ theses (with co-publishing of research results ): no less than 2 for the duration of the project
|Additional allowance for research (per year)||596 000 RUB (equivalent approx. to 9 300 USD)* for participation in conferences and other travel expenses pertaining to research activity
Additional allowance: 600 000 RUB (equivalent approx. to 9 400 USD)* per year.**
* Additional allowance can be used:
• for purchasing equipment and materials required for the prospective research;
• business trips to major international conferences as an invited speaker (only round trips from/to St. Petersburg are acceptable);
• publishing fees in high-ranked open access journals
Please note: the money not used in the current year cannot be transferred to the consecutive year.
|Salary||149 000 RUB per month
(equivalent approx. to 2340 USD)*
• Visa expenses, travel expenses (economy class), Accommodation expenses (standard, 4 stars) for the period of classes in St. Petersburg*
• 170 000 RUB salary for the course** (equivalent approx. to 2675 USD)*
* We cover all of the above-mentioned expenses but not more than 170 000 RUB (equivalent approx. to 2675 USD)* for the course
298 000 RUB per month (equivalent approx. to 4680 USD)*, but no more than 2 605 000 RUB per year** (equivalent approx. to 41 000 USD)*
*According to USD to Russian Ruble exchange rate on August 15, 2016.
** Please note that the first day of work is the day of receiving of work permit in St. Petersburg or a date stated in the work contract.